In 1887 Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the University of Edinburgh, had this
Ten Thousand Commandments
- Annual regulatory compliance costs hit $ 1.752 trillion Dollars in 2008.
- The regulatory “hidden tax” stands at 50.7% of the level of federal spending itself.
- Regulatory cost exceed all 2008 corporate pre-tax profits of $ 1.463 trillion.
- Regulatory cost dwarf corporate income taxes of $ 157 billion.
- Regulatory costs are nearby double the level of individual income taxes.
- Regulatory costs absorb 12% of the US GDP in 2010.
- The 2010 Federal Register stands at al all-time record of 81,405 pages.
- Federal Register pages devoted to final rules alone rose by 20% since 2009.
- 4,225 new regulations are in the pipeline.
- Of the afore-mentioned 4,225 rules, 845 affect small businesses.
- The five most active rule-producing agencies (Treasury, Health and Human Services, Commerce, Agriculture and Environmental Protection Agency) account for 43% of all rules in the Unified Agenda pipeline.
The bureaucrats are regulating America to death.
Ten Thousand Commandments
Obama Wants To Reign by Imposing Regs That Are Indepent of Congress | News ..
» Liberate ATMs and Credit Unions to Jumpstart Jobs – Big Government
Obama Cuts Red Tape | Lee Eldridge Blogs on Sports and Politics
Regulation Nation: As Firms Grow, Regs Follow | Suffolk County Libert..
Ten Thousand Commandments : An Annual Snapshot of the Federal Regulatory St..
Rational Review News Digest — the freedom movement’s daily newspaper
Never Yet Melted » Ten Thousand Commandments
Failure is an Option | Indyfromaz’s Blog: The Thoughts of An Independe..
The Hidden Tax « Veteran Patriot
Dodd-Frank Exposed – Speaking of regulatory burden, now we’re ..
Release the Hounds of Free Enterprise and Individual Striving « Grant..
Ten Thousand Commandments: An Annual Snapshot of the Federal Regulatory Sta..
Regulations, regulations everywhere | The Daily Caller
The Cost Of Federal Regulation « Justbkuz
Kansas and Wichita quick takes: Thursday January 20, 2011
Hidden Trillion-Dollar Tax | Gold Coast Chronicle
How big is the invisible part of your tax bill? :: Liberty Maven
What The New Congress Can Do For The Technology Sector (NASDAQ:GOOG, NYSE:I..
â€˜10,000 Commandmentsâ€™ of Federal Regulation
CEI Weekly: CEI Catches GMâ€™s Misleading Ad | Bastiat Institute
Blueprint for America’s Comeback
If There Were An Annual ‘Regulation Day’ | Cato @ Liberty
Crushing, Hidden Tax of Federal Regulation Soars : South Georgians for Fai..
Feeding the beast
The hidden tax : monoblogue
The Weekly Links | Colorado Farm Bureau
NEMA Currents Blog
Strangulation by Regulation « Boogai.net
Leave a Reply
Fair Use Statement
This site, on occasion, may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental,
political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.